Our Updated Statement of Purpose
We’re pleased to let everyone know that we have published our updated 2015 Statement of Purpose. In line with the extremely positive appraisal from Ofsted, we decided it would be an ideal time to bring our overall mission in line with the progress we’ve made since our previous assessment.
Our main aim remains the provision of safe, high quality foster care provisions for children and young people. Complimenting this is our approach: through such carefully-arranged placements, we value, support and encourage each and every child to grow and develop as individuals.
Our service strives to consistently promote the health and general wellbeing of these vulnerable youngsters. In doing so, we’ve committed ourselves – since we were established in 2005 – to encouraging foster carers to go tirelessly above and beyond. This means enabling children to enjoy their childhood, while facilitating their educational attainment.
In terms of Services and Facilities, Perpetual Fostering will continue to offer the following services:
- Emergency placements
- Short term foster care (with the view of reunification with immediate/extended family)
- Respite/short term breaks for children with complex health needs
- Foster care for those in need of long-term placements
- Long-term foster care for children in need of permanence
- Staying Put arrangements
- A robust matching process, carefully matching the needs of children with a diverse roster of foster parents
- Placements for young people in need of semi-independence
- Step Down/Wrap Around services for children and young people moving from residential care in to a fostering placement.
Regarding our Principles and Standards of Care, we continue to maintain our high standards via our robust quality assurance framework, which is bolstered nicely by regular reviews of our services provision. We actively seek feedback from everyone who comes into contact with our services: from foster carers, birth children, partner agencies, and as many fostered children and young people as possible. Both of these important factors help us to consistently strive for improvement of what we offer.
We strongly encourage you to read our Statement of Purpose – now available in the ‘About Us’ section of this website. We’d love to hear what you think, so please do get in touch to share your thoughts.